Monday, September 11, 2017

Medeu Ice Rink and Chimbulak Ski Resort outside Almaty, Kazakhstan

I waited Bus no. 12 (150 tange)for 40 minutes and finally got to Medeu, the highest Olympic sized ice stadium. More than 180 world records were made on in this location. I wished I know ahead of the time the terrific mountain views and hiking trails. Two local young people told me about the 20-min eco-bus to Chimbulak Ski Resort which only cost 300 tange, instead of the 30-min cable car that costs 3000 tange. Unfortunately, I arrived there around 3:30 pm and the last leg of cable car must returns 4:30 pm which would have left me too short of time on the top to worth 3200 tange so I skipped the top. I walked from the Resort to Medeu to enjoy the views and take photos (1.5 hrs). There is a third option to get to the Resort, walking the 800+ steps up, which will take a while and locals believe it is a solid proof of health. I also saw some people hired special taxis to the Resort. I used some of the steps and caught bus no. 12 back to town. I attached the trail map and cable car schedules for those want to hike there. There is also a mountain-water showing spot on the way. The water is air temperature and smells sulfuric.
















No comments:

Post a Comment