Monday, September 4, 2017

Lake Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan

The shimmering Lake Issyk-Kul and the towering Tian Shan Mountains are two of the biggest draws for travelers in Kyrgyzstan. Issyk-Kul is the second-largest saline lake in the world. At an elevation of just over 1600 m, it is surrounded by the snow-capped peaks of the Tien Shan mountains – still home to the elusive snow leopard. Despite being an alpine lake, Issyk-Kul remains warm during the winter months – its name translates as ‘warm lake’.

 I picked Cholpon-Ata — an upscale summer resort to visit for the convenience of transpiration. Big hotels and sanatoriums cater to families with private beaches and kids entertainment. Unfprtunstely, 65f was too cold for me to swim. The beach was busy last weekend, yet significantly quilted down on Monday. I had the worst food poison last night (possibly from street food) so I used strong medication to ride a 2.5 hr shared taxi here. I volmitted and had dualilla for 15 minutes that depleted  me. I feel better now after eating only watermelon.





No comments:

Post a Comment