Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Eat in Xian, China

I wondered in the Muslim Quarter Huimin Street (回民街; Huímínjiē) to taste street food and snacks in shops and restaurants along the street operated by local Chinese Muslims of the Hui minority. I ate Yang Rou Pao Mo (羊肉泡馍), Rou Jia Mo 肉夹 馍Sandwich with pork, beef or lamb, Xiao long bao-zi 小笼包子 basket-steamed dumplings, Shi Zi Bing 柿子饼 buns made from persimmons, stuffed with something (e.g. black sesame paste), and deep-fried, Jujube milk, etc. 

Yang Rou Pao Mo (羊肉泡馍) consists of a piece of thick, chewy bread and a kettle of mutton soup. I shred the bread with my hands and placed the shreds in a bowl, the soup is then poured over the shreds (along with meat,some noodles or scallion, etc.). 

My hostelmate gave me a small pack of Crab roe flavor sunflower seeds to pair with Jujube milk. Too much food for one day!









1 comment: