Saturday, August 19, 2017

Pamir Highway Day 3

Pamir Highway Day 3 

Only me and Thomas toke this strenuous  pshart and madiyan valley hike. I felt headache from the elevation and back down after 300 meter ascent (2-3 miles), while Thomas contained with 6-people Nederland family cross the  4731 m gumbez kul pass and 1500 meter gain via 3 peaks. 

I came back to town and joined Sue and Francis' SIM card hunt yet wasted $8 for a pretty useless bee-line card that cannot even get emails. There was really nothing to do in town so I and Francis walk 1-2 km to check out The Yak House, which is a tourist information center with a gift shop. We met two Chinese cyclists who got manga SIM which was getting 1-2 k data per minute that could barely fetch emails, not much better than beeline SIM cards.  

I am glad that I car-shared a private driver instead of using local transports and hitchhiking. I would be to anxious rather than patient, relaxed and ready to wait for a days in some places like those backpackers I met in Osh. The number of cars is tended to zero on parts of the Pamir Highway.  It can take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days to get a ride. There many only be 2 or 3 vehicles going in the desired direction each day.










No comments:

Post a Comment