Monday, August 28, 2017

Khujand, Tajikistan

I wake up hearing foreigners talking in the court yard of my guest house who happened to be the four Czech hikers I met at Fann Mountains. We exchanged more information before I hopped on my 5-he shared taxi to Khujand. 

I coughed a bit during the ride which was winy yet well paved, unlike Pamir Highway which was full of potholes. I dropped my bags at the hostel and walked one hour in town before I melt down. It was hotter than Panjakent. 

Khujand is the second largest city in Tajikistan and is located in Ferghana Valley which produces a lot of vegetables and fruits. I ran into my taxi share ladies at the Masjidi Jami mosque and medrese, which buildings are used for religious purposes in the bazaar square. I then walked around Panchshanbe Bazaar for shopping dinner. I need to rest well to get over my cold and ready for a long day border crossing tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment