Friday, August 11, 2017

Goodbye to Kashi, China

It was prohibited to take photos near the borders; otherwise I would love to capture the beautiful views. At the Chinese border and already 4 pm. Half of the battle. I will miss the Uigher people in Kashi who were kind and helpful during my stay at the phone company, the bank, the markets, and even at the borders. One old man stopped me and my friend while we were walking 2 km toward the border to take us to the right place for free; otherwise we would have went straight and wasted 1 km to the wrong place. The Chinese border guards were friendly and chatty. One asked me why I would rather drag my bags walking via borders with sweat then resting at home. I paused and then told him that I simply have too much time and curiosity to stay home. By the way, we were lined up as extras for filming a Chinese Customs video. What an odd yet interesting experience. Too bad that I could not photo inside the Customs building to share with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment