Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Touring around Hsinchu

A friend I met in Czech Republic kindly showed me around Hsinchu, including two dams, Beipu, and Nanliao, where I last visited over 20 years ago. 

Beipu Township 北埔鄉 is a rural township in Hsinchu County, Taiwan. Beipu is well known in Taiwan as a center of Hakka culture, especially for production of dongfang meiren tea and its special Hakkanese blends of tea and nuts called lēichá. Since My stomach was still full from the lunch buffet, my friend bought two boxes of cakes from a 100-yr old famous bakery as gifts for me. 

The Hsinchu Nanliao Harbor ( 南寮漁港) Is famous for cycling, kite flying and eating seafood. It's 17 km beautiful Coastal Bike Path is very popular. It was too hot to bike there today, but I will try next time when I come back.












No comments:

Post a Comment